10. You can answer the same question truthfully seventeen times in thirty minutes and never give the same answer twice.
9. You know the logical place to look for lost items is between the mattress and box springs.
8. You can open the trunk, pull out the walker and get it open, and get back around to the car door before your dad gets his seatbelt undone.
7. You’ve resorted to hiding the car keys.
6. You plan your errands around doctor’s visits.
5. You’ve helped your mom secure a urine specimen.
4. Your trips to Walmart always include a visit to the pharmacy and the incontinence aisle.
3. You arrange to sit next to your mom at dinner so you can cut up her food, and other adults cover their plates protectively when you sit next to them.
2. You’ve crawled under the door of a bathroom stall because your mom couldn’t figure out how to unlock the door.
1. After a day when the only good thing about it is that it’s over, a sweet childlike smile, a hug, and the sleepy words, “Good night. I love you,” make it all worth it.