Earlier this month I posted a status on Facebook that said “I swept the porch less than an hour ago, and it’s already covered with leaves again!” The first comment I received said “It’s futile! Go have a cup of coffee and read instead!!” I took my friend’s advice, but her comment got the writer wheels turning. What other things do we do that are the very definition of futility. Here’s my top ten list:
- Trying to keep your eyes open when you sneeze.
- Trying to get that irritating song out of your head.
- Trying to keep the laundry hamper empty for more than 30 minutes.
- Trying to satisfy a hungry teenager.
- Asking an Alzheimer’s patient a question and expecting a reasonable answer.
- Trying to keep the puppy from licking the baby’s face.
- Going on a diet during the holidays.
- Trying to stick to a budget during the holidays.
- Trying to get rid of “stubborn belly fat.”
- Trying not to get jealous when those cute kitten photos get more hits than your blog.
- Top Ten Ways to Know You’re Getting Old | by Linda Brendle (lifeaftercaregiving.wordpress.com)
- Top Ten Ways to Know Fall Has Arrived in Texas | by Linda Brendle (lifeaftercaregiving.wordpress.com)
- Ten Thousand Reasons to Be Thankful | by Linda Brendle (lifeaftercaregiving.wordpress.com)